Wednesday, May 21, 2014

listening (and shutting your little mouth) (Beth P)

We started a great Bible study for women at church on the Holy Spirit.  I am learning so much and finding great concepts to apply to my life. It is called "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer.

This week I have been hit with the fact that we don't have to struggle to find God's will for us.  It is His job to reveal His will, it is our job to be listening and to obey.  I am a bit of a worrier at times.  I feel the need to control things at times, especially when it comes to planning and decision making.  But the Bible tells us in Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know....". (He has been leading me to that verse over and over for MONTHS and MONTHS now.  *smile*

BE STILL! Sounds so refreshing and comforting.  But the control freak in me wants to do more than that! (Just keepin' it real, y'all!) I try to "help" God along in His plan, or what I THINK is His plan,  last time I did that..... He used a story in a book I was reading about a little bird needing to SHUT his little mouth, to tell me to SHUT MY LITTLE MOUTH! And I knew I was guilty of saying something to try and push His will into my time frame!

NOW I am working hard to be still, listen and SHUT MY LITTLE MOUTH.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!