Saturday, February 1, 2014

..... bungie jumping.

Ok, ok, if you know me you know that I am not one to live recklessly... at all.  I am cautious, and I think things through.  Yes, I OVER-THINK things, ....thoroughly.  (Yes, I married a man who loves to live recklessly, I admire that about him... most of the time. Until he scares me. Then I tell him to stop it. *smile*)

But I wanna be reckless. In the spiritual sense. I do.  Why?  I don't want to miss out on any opportunity He places before me.  I don't want to waste time worrying what others think of me.  I want to just jump.  NOT literally, no, I will never drive on ice or jump out of a plane or bungie jump. But I want to jump if He leads. I know there is a time to be cautious, but my tendency is to smother things with caution.

Balance. Sounds like I need to find balance, huh?

Jesus did nothing without His Father's leading. He was cautious in that sense.  But he also knew when to jump.  I want that discernment. I am learning that if I am listening to Him, I will not "miss" His plan for me.

A book I am reading pointed out that the Bible praises child-like faith, and that if it is faith based on common sense in the Bible and it's teachings.... it's not really even reckless. It's smart.

Not sure how we got from "bungie jumping" to "smart". I guess it goes back to fear.  There is healthy fear and there is fear that paralyzes you. I saw this one on Pinterest, "Be you, bravely."  I like that!

I have been praying that God would give me courage, and He is giving me the desire to jump.  I have feared failure, the judgment of others and feared making mistakes.  Now I need to be willing to risk all three, willing to sacrifice, if need be. 

So I leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!