Monday, February 17, 2014

Don't Stop Enjoying the Sweet Things in Life (Beth B)


Is there anything in this world more adorable than a baby laughing? Something about it just makes you do a full body smile. Well, last week I got to volunteer at Pizza Ranch. While I was there, a little nine month old boy got his first taste of ice cream! His face after the first bite expressed shocked ecstasy! After the first experience the rest of the dish provoked laughter, squeals, smiles and coos. He was in heaven. And his joy was completely contagious.
It wasn't until I got to participate in this celebration of deliciousness that I noticed that I had been dragging emotionally. Maybe it's all this cold weather that has me feeling blah or maybe it's just that I have forgotten about all the wonderful things around me. But taking the time to uninhibitedly  appreciate the little things, as children do, works wonders for my soul. So today I want to invite you to go be reckless in your appreciation for the joys in our lives. Eat that ice cream, dance to your favorite song, make a snow angel, snuggle with a loved one, call a friend and laugh until your sides hurt! Whatever you want to do, just do it with gusto!!!! My blog post is really short because I want you to just go and get that full body smile on! Don't worry what others will think or about the calories or even about the things that you need to get done! Just let yourself go and enjoy!
For some good baby laughs CLICK HERE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!