Tuesday, June 3, 2014

knowing Him. (Beth P)

“Often we seek to know God’s direction more than we seek to know God. We bypass the relationship because we would rather have answers about us. God wants to speak to you because He wants you to know Him; knowing His direction is just a by-product.” ~ Priscilla Shirer “Discerning the Voice of God” study book. 

God is more interested in us know Him than anything else. Sure, it matters where we go for Him but it is not as important as knowing Him and  experiencing Him. 

God cares more about my relationship with Him than how good a mother I am.
God cares more about my relationship with Him than about what service I do for Him.
God cares more about my relationship with Him than about where I work.

God cares more about teaching me about Himself than about rescuing me from my circumstances. 
God cares more about what I am learning about Him than about how well I perform the tasks He places in front of me. 

God wants me to EXPERIENCE Him, 
not just believe in Him or hear about Him. 


He wants me to KNOW Him. 


My thoughts from Week 4 Day 1 Bible Study from 
Priscilla Shirer - Discovering the Voice of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!