Monday, June 9, 2014

. . .Stop Looking for Offense (Beth Burrow)

Before y'all tell me that it is poor English to use a double negative, just know, I couldn't think of a better way to put it. So I ask for your grace:)

Now back to the topic at hand: Looking for offense. Have you ever unintentionally offended someone? I'm not talking about saying something unkind and getting caught!!! Instead, have you tried to help someone or even compliment them and they end up being offended? Normally, I run to apologize and explain myself. I gush over them. (Probably because I have a serious gushing problem!) Eventually it is all resolved and everything is back to normal.

Well, I think I need to stop it. I apologize way too much. If I forgot to tell you that I like your haircut, it doesn't mean a thing!! I may like it, I may dislike it, or most likely, I didn't even notice it. If that offends you, I feel sorry for you but I am not sorry. Too often, we are just waiting for a way to be "wronged" or "dissed" or "slandered", because we get a lot of attention for being a victim. We can run and tell everyone about it and they will either: Tell us how awesome we are or tell us how horrible that person is, for treating you poorly. Either outcome stokes our ego but what is it really costing your soul? I can tell you. . . it is an expensive price to pay for a meaningless rush. If you are really being mistreated, change your circumstances. If, however, you are looking for things to be mad about, stop it. Trying giving out grace, I know you will find that it will be returned to you abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!